Thursday, 3 January 2013

Mint+white and white+mint socks

I finally finished these socks!
If you look closely enough you'll notice that they do match each other but there is something wrong (hint: it's the colours.) It was kind of a mistake when it happened, but I just continued. Also when I started the second sock and it was way bigger than the first one, I just continued again. Eventually I had to start over the second sock. I took part of the first sock and made it be part of the second sock. It was a mess and my sister helped. Every time I continued to knit these I almost gave up and threw them against the
wall, because I had made so many mistakes.

Anyway, now I'm very proud of myself for finishing these, because I tend to leave knitting projects just hanging on and never actually finish them.
But not anymore, apparently!
.
.
.
.
These kind of socks I was trying to make. As you can see I shortened the leg part quite a bit and made a different heel. The pattern for these socks and the picture below are from Novita's sock magazine.
This picture is from Novita's sock magazine 2011

2 comments:

  1. You are so talented!I wish I knew how to knit but have no idea where to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) My mom taught me how to knit when I was young. I have always loved it! You could watch some how-to-videos from youtube. If I don't remember something I just go there. :)

      Delete